The Military Officers Association of America
The Coronado Chapter of the Military Officers Association of America (MOAA) is pleased to announce the 2020-2021 Scholarship Program.
A number of $1,000 Scholarships will be awarded during the 2020-2021 school year to eligible graduating seniors.
- The applicant must be a 2021 Graduating Senior from one of the following high schools: Benson, Bisbee, Bowie, Buena, Douglas, Patagonia, San Simon, St. David, Tombstone, Valley Union, Willcox, a certified Charter High School or a certified Home School Program in the geographic area covered by the above high schools.
- The applicant’s parent, grandparent, or legal guardian must be active duty military, retired military (with a 20+ year military career), an active reservist in drill status, or National Guard Member.
- The applicant must have an overall academic Grade Point Average (GPA) of 3.0 or higher on a 4.0 scale.
- The applicant must enroll in a community college, a college, a university, or military/service academy.
CRITERIA FOR SELECTION:
- Scholastic Standing in high school.
- Involvement and leadership in school and/or community activities.
- Timely submission of a properly completed application.
- Applications must be received no later than 6 March 2021.
- Applications must be personally given to the POC, or mailed to: Coronado Chapter, MOAA, ATTN: Scholarship Chairman, PO Box 1685, Sierra Vista, AZ 85636. If mailed, the application must be postmarked 1 Mar 2021, or earlier.
- Favorable endorsement by the high school principal.
- Candidates are encouraged to submit additional letters of recommendation from counselors, teachers, coaches, and supervisors.
POINT OF CONTACT (POC): Susan Atchison-Day, Ed.D., Coronado Chapter Scholarship Chair, 915-588-9282 (cell), or email@example.com
Enclosure: Scholarship Application